PerthCraft

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PerthCraft
PerthCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mall extension/change

+5
swingingkings
Inv3rt3d
Becca
Psiiche
Spiddles
9 posters

Go down

Should we extend the current mall or create a new one? (Read thread before voting)

Mall extension/change I_vote_lcap8%Mall extension/change I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Mall extension/change I_vote_lcap30%Mall extension/change I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 12 ]
Mall extension/change I_vote_lcap13%Mall extension/change I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 5 ]
Mall extension/change I_vote_lcap49%Mall extension/change I_vote_rcap 49% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 40

Mall extension/change Empty Mall extension/change

Post  Spiddles Sun May 12, 2013 6:42 am

The time has come to create even more shops, and a dilemma rears its ugly head. We must unite as a community and decided whether we will demolish our current mall and create a new one, or extend our conveniently located underground pillar of shops.

As you all know, the lag in the mall and anywhere in close proximity to spawn is a total bitch. If we, the people, choose to extend out current mall the lag will only get worse, and the 3rd floor of the mall will be limited to a small amount of adventuring customers as most people will find what they want in the first or second floor.

The other option is creating a new mall (flat-ish, probably similar to a town in market form (suggestions welcome)) that would be located somewhere far from spawn and allow basically unlimited space. This would be quite a project as it would end up being the permanent mall for the rest of the PerthCraft's foreseeable future, which is a long, long time #Donators. Plots would vary more in size, height limits could be extended and creativity would be inspired.

The black market will remain regardless of the decision made, and current shop owners will be given a new store of equal or greater size. Spiddles will also be on alot more to help make the new mall if construction goes ahead.

Anything below this line is an update to the post which was brought on by suggestions, so you can see new reasons for either idea without reading through the entire post again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

New shop

Pros:

- Unlimited space
- Less lag
- More customizable stores
- Easier access than floors
- Prettier

Cons:

- Big project
- Moving current shops would take time

Extend shop

Pros:

- Convenient location
- Ordered (for our OCD members)
- Less spread-out

Cons:

- More lagg
- Limited space

In regards to placement of the new mall, I think it would be best placed in the normal world, because it would look a lot prettier (Mountain shops etc.) Discuss.

Last edited by Spiddles on Wed May 15, 2013 10:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Spiddles
Spiddles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mall extension/change Empty Re: Mall extension/change

Post  Psiiche Tue May 14, 2013 5:22 pm

I vote for making a new mall, somewhere faaaaar away from anything else. Let's take a trip to a world border, extend that side, and place the new mall out there away from everything else that could possibly lag it (like spawn). I also vote to not allow the use of Item Frames, as the lag in the mall did decrease by a large chunk when the Black Market was removed from underneath, and it also eased up a bit when my corner's shops removed theirs from their stores as well.

One thing I also noticed while decorating my own shop was the fact that a large portion of the first floor of the mall is under a lake. When someone worldedited the first underground floor into the ground it created itself under a lake that I am even able to go swim in if I take a corner of my shop down. I think this water, with as much of it that there is around every shop, could also be contributing to the amount of lag on the first floor (the second floor is down low enough that I don't believe there is accessible flowing water around it).

If we move the mall I vote for a desert area to be used, we could build stalls to look like an old desert market, either that or a snow terrain, somewhere that is far from a large water source. also let's put a cap on redstone use in stalls, if you look in the mall many people have stores that have active redstone in use whether it be for a roller coaster around the store, to open/close doors, etc. Let's leave redstone to be used at our homes/towns, and give the new mall a chance to be as lag-free as it can. So tldr;

A) Far from every possible spawn/warp point
B) No Item Frames allowed
C) Far from water
D) Make the new destination voteable by us when we find good ones?
E) Limit redstone use
Psiiche
Psiiche
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Tue May 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Psiiche wrote:
I vote for making a new mall, somewhere faaaaar away from anything else. Let's take a trip to a world border, extend that side, and place the new mall out there away from everything else that could possibly lag it (like spawn). I also vote to not allow the use of Item Frames, as the lag in the mall did decrease by a large chunk when the Black Market was removed from underneath, and it also eased up a bit when my corner's shops removed theirs from their stores as well.

One thing I also noticed while decorating my own shop was the fact that a large portion of the first floor of the mall is under a lake. When someone worldedited the first underground floor into the ground it created itself under a lake that I am even able to go swim in if I take a corner of my shop down. I think this water, with as much of it that there is around every shop, could also be contributing to the amount of lag on the first floor (the second floor is down low enough that I don't believe there is accessible flowing water around it).

If we move the mall I vote for a desert area to be used, we could build stalls to look like an old desert market, either that or a snow terrain, somewhere that is far from a large water source. also let's put a cap on redstone use in stalls, if you look in the mall many people have stores that have active redstone in use whether it be for a roller coaster around the store, to open/close doors, etc. Let's leave redstone to be used at our homes/towns, and give the new mall a chance to be as lag-free as it can. So tldr;

A) Far from every possible spawn/warp point
B) No Item Frames allowed
C) Far from water
D) Make the new destination voteable by us when we find good ones?
E) Limit redstone use

It will more than likely go into the event world..

Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d Tue May 14, 2013 11:06 pm

Is the EW big enough to hold a mall?
Inv3rt3d
Inv3rt3d

Back to top Go down

Post  Psiiche Tue May 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Becca wrote:It will more than likely go into the event world..

Oh hot dayum, go for it C: .
Psiiche
Psiiche
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Tue May 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Inv3rt3d wrote:Is the EW big enough to hold a mall?

You've been there..

It currently has, Arenas, another arena, parkour, easter egg hunt, my not finished building..I BLAME MILLY! the black market and a few others..

I'm pretty sure it's around the same size world, Either way, it's lag free and there's lovely big massive spots for a mall.

Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  swingingkings Wed May 15, 2013 3:35 am

When i try to temporarily set something up to separate the inventories and the gamemode of the eventworld, I'll get a few people to help me build. (Becca for sure)

But atm i think spiddles is making a new level to the mall, it's all nothing under the second floor ._.
swingingkings
swingingkings
Admin
Admin

http://cynical-seadragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Wed May 15, 2013 4:08 am

hehehehehehheehehehehehhehehehhehehehehe

hehhehehehhehehe

I'd love to help Very Happy

Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruby2007 Wed May 15, 2013 4:10 am

I'd love to help too Razz

Ruby2007
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  mattangoh Wed May 15, 2013 11:15 am

I get to help too :3

Cough Cough: assistant to Becca Razz. Cough Cough: Good Builder Wink

:3

mattangoh
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  XxGsusxX Wed May 15, 2013 11:23 am

Builders unite !

XxGsusxX
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d Wed May 15, 2013 2:40 pm

Funny, I was busy when Becca asked me to build her wall and now you're asking for builders when I'm busy, yet again :/.
Inv3rt3d
Inv3rt3d

Back to top Go down

Post  swingingkings Wed May 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Inv3rt3d wrote:Funny, I was busy when Becca asked me to build her wall and now you're asking for builders when I'm busy, yet again :/.

We're not urgent, this won't happen until i complete my assignment and all other important thing i gotta do.

Unless spiddles gets on it, that would be cool. I was thinking of adding a plugin ONLY for an external where you can place a block down and it protects a radius.
swingingkings
swingingkings
Admin
Admin

http://cynical-seadragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Wed May 15, 2013 3:19 pm

swingingkings wrote:
Inv3rt3d wrote:Funny, I was busy when Becca asked me to build her wall and now you're asking for builders when I'm busy, yet again :/.

We're not urgent, this won't happen until i complete my assignment and all other important thing i gotta do.

Unless spiddles gets on it, that would be cool. I was thinking of adding a plugin ONLY for an external where you can place a block down and it protects a radius.

I played on a server a few months ago with that, I still play on it, mainly because the creative gamemode i have, i can build things then come to perthcraft and rebuild, Like a single player world.

They had a diamond ore block and when placed it protects a radius of 16x16, You can hide the ore block, disguise it and allow others in on the protection, Amazing thing Very Happy Yet also bad because people can just claim random places.
If it's added, A Limit of blocks would be good.
They also had a golden shovel protection, but It was an add-on for jobs plugin ._.

Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  Psiiche Wed May 15, 2013 4:33 pm

When we have a set date to move the mall I'd love to help. I'm in the top floor of the lagtastic one right now so the least I can do is help fix it.
Psiiche
Psiiche
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  XxGsusxX Wed May 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Yeah for me the same.
I don't know when you're going to plan it but I'm also offering my services when I return.
I really like that everyone is into building stuff now, it makes the game so much prettier than it already was Wink

XxGsusxX
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Frodomann1 Wed May 15, 2013 10:35 pm

I agree 100% with the poll... Spiddles SHOULD be online more.
Frodomann1
Frodomann1
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down