PerthCraft

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PerthCraft
PerthCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1.6: Horse Update

+7
Becca
Ruby2007
Inv3rt3d
Frodomann1
x_Madi_x
iamsparta2
swingingkings
11 posters

Go down

1.6: Horse Update Empty 1.6: Horse Update

Post  swingingkings Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:07 am

1.6: Horse Update!

Update 1.6 is coming soon! (next week) and exited!

Changes:
- There's a new launcher! (I don't know what it will look like)
- Respiration enchantment will help you see underwater!
- Horses! - donkeys (Has a chest on it which carries 15 slots)
             - Normal horses
             - Mules (Like donkeys, but can't breed)
- Horse armour!(Diamond, Iron, and Gold)
- Hay Bales! (3x3 wheat)
- Lead (Drag those mobs!)- Carpets
- Name Tags (Name it with an anvil then right click a mob to name it!)
- Hardened Clay and Stained Clay!
- Coal Blocks!
- Villagers now have sound!
- Spiders are now spawned with potion effects!

Have fun with the new update! Hopefully horses will spawn naturally! Very Happy

Question: What do you like best and dislike most about this update?

Last edited by swingingkings on Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
swingingkings
swingingkings
Admin
Admin

http://cynical-seadragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

1.6: Horse Update Empty Re: 1.6: Horse Update

Post  iamsparta2 Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:08 pm

Horses will not spawn naturally, because they will need new chunks to spawn in, and if there are any new chunks on the 8000x8000 world (I honestly dont think there is) i doubt it will be a plains biome, so hopefully this update will bring the world to expand by like, 1000? hopefully, i really want a horse, because walking is too slow :I
iamsparta2
iamsparta2
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  x_Madi_x Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:24 pm

Yee, what Sparta said.

I would say maybe we could have a world reset vote?

Pros:

- More ores to mine
I'm sure where everyone goes to mine, someone's been there. Yeah, strip-mining is something you could do instead of going to revines and mineshafts, but people can be lazy to a point. Hah.
- 1.6 update's animals
Horses, mules and Donkeys.
- Better choices for places to live
People have been complaining about expanding the map to have a less "crowded" world. It'll also get rid of the houses that have been abandoned and greifed and the houses that are around the spawn and warps. Instead of the owners just going around and restoring the areas, but that's another choice if they're up to it or whatever. The world is just.. messy.

I support the World Reset. Even though I've spent about 3 weeks working on my build. Estoy is working on something big, and I feel terrible for bringing this "world reset" up. Becca has a huge town that she's probably been working on since January. Actually, everyone has great towns that shouldn't be lost, but I guess it would be good in the big run if you think about it. Also, I don't think the world with the Event World doesn't get reset when the main world does, maybe we could store our junk there that are most important to us, and keep it there until the main world is back. Like, give us permission to put our own chests and stuff there.

Cons:

-Loss of homes, items, towns, etc.
Yeah, it kind of stinks. People have been saving up their earnings for their towns they have now. All the time they had when mining actually paid off, and they have all their items.
-Loss of money (?)
I have no idea of iConomy resets, but if it does just take a screenshot of the money you had or maybe I could take a screenshot of the first few pages of the /baltop.

If anyone can think of more cons of this, it'll be helpful but I honestly can't think of anything more. Yeah, it means starting over, but we still have Donor World and Event World we could store our junk. I personally just think if something is big enough (Estoy's new project) could be pasted in one of the worlds and pasted back into the main world when reset.
I've heard that people said to go to singleplayer to play with the animals if you love them enough. Or that the owners go all over the world and spawn horses, or sell the eggs at the black market.
I think that ruins the fun of Minecraft. 
Most likely 100% of our players will hate this idea.

Move this if needed, I think it should be moved, but eh.
x_Madi_x
x_Madi_x

Back to top Go down

Post  Frodomann1 Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Cons: Loss of all awesome stuff. Why not just expand the map? I'm sure it can be done.
Frodomann1
Frodomann1
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  x_Madi_x Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Frodomann1 wrote:Cons: Loss of all awesome stuff. Why not just expand the map? I'm sure it can be done.

But then all the people are going to have to run across the map and find the edge of the world and camp there until the new update comes and the owners expand it. Yeah, it's an excellent idea, but how are you going to get Horses at your house? Rebuild anyways in the new expansion? It's stupid. Just restart the world.
x_Madi_x
x_Madi_x

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:37 pm

We don't live in a crowded world at all. People just have the tenancy to not properly look around. Everything may be crammed near the warp area but we are not crowded. As for the horse problem, I have 2 clear ideas. One idea would be to literally world edit a few 50x50 areas of plain biome into places that aren't already plains and uninhabited. My second proposition to counter our ass problem would be designating a "plot" in the event world (just like how the building comp worked, people have their own plots to do stuff in) to grow a farmland for the new mobs for each player. If you're going with the second idea, there should be a warp to it. Once the player wants to go home with their tamed horse, all they need to do is /home whilst riding on the horse.
Inv3rt3d
Inv3rt3d

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruby2007 Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:25 am

Comes out in 3 days guys Very Happy, they posted it on tumblr 4 days ago

Ruby2007
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  x_Madi_x Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:26 am

That just seems like too much work. ;-;
x_Madi_x
x_Madi_x

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:30 am

Alrighty, What i'm thinking.

no map reset.
people have worked too hard to build and finish what they have! towns, houses, Marlins boat, there's so many amazing builds going on and being planned.

Expand the map!

I know what people are thinking, but walking there will be long? and tiring and pointless in the end.

but!

NEWLY SET WARPS.

I've heard people say we need new warps, East, south etc. because they're too close to spawn.

What if we expanded the world, and set the east, south etc warps at the new chunks? that way, everyone keeps everything, new ores to mine, new chunks, new 1.6 update stuff.

Personally I think this is our best go.

Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  x_Madi_x Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:08 am

I kind of like your idea, Becca. But then if the world is expanded lets say 1000 blocks, and the new warp is set, it's going to be crowded with people and all the ores and horses or whatever will be taken up so quickly. I mean they respawn, but people are going to set town outposts down there for horses and stuff, and new people look for those warps and live near them.

Maybe the world can upgrade a few thousand blocks? Maybe 3000 or 3500?

Because 1000 blocks just seems so little.. you can travel that far on foot in 5 minutes.
x_Madi_x
x_Madi_x

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:27 am

Which stands to reason that my Idea is reasonable, 
I never said how much, my vote wouldn't be 1000 blocks, which is why i didn't suggest it.
another few thousand, 
Even so, if people set outposts and have homes, there'd still be plenty of room.
If people don't want new warps,
Maybe add warps, Next to the original warp signs.
e.g, "Warp South",  "Warp South 2" 
that way people keep the warps we have, and also have new warps to the new land.

Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  iamsparta2 Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:51 am

I would honestly just rather have a world reset, then we can all mine and find new mob spawners, maybe its possible to just skip the towns and big projects? or just peoples houses and stuff, like farms, outposts, and everything can be easily re-built, but then like Inv3rt3d said, alot of stuff that people dont use would be gone, like griefed/abandoned houses, and then the nether would also be reset (I hope) and we could all find blaze spawners and everything, of course people would probably reject the reset idea because of all their stuff, but in the long run it would be better, less lag, more ores, less mines that you run into, and then the new players would have an equal chance to get diamonds, since there cant be much left on this server. 

Sincerley,

~Sparta c:
iamsparta2
iamsparta2
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:07 am

Sparta, you have no effing idea how amazing half these players builds are!

If people really vote for a new map, 

Maybe we can have 2 maps for a month, and let people transfer stuff over, 

Also in saying this, peoples builds, If Leslie and spiddles, is willing to put in a lot of hard work, maybe we can get the main good things moved, 

There's no way I'd still play after losing my town, I put months into just building the wall, the effort getting the supplies, The actual building, 
And others have better builds that took longer, So many people have put in so much effing effort to get what they have and make it the way it is.

I stick my my previous suggestion, Expand the map, Set new warps, Keep old ones if wanting to.

Also up repped Madi because whoever down repped, is a bit craycray.

Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  BobRuby Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:39 pm

I really don't want to lose all of the work I have done on Budder's town, including Big Ben. As much as I would love new areas to mine, it wouldn't be worth it. My first reaction would be to ask, can the towns be saved, but that wouldn't help Estoy, or others who have built things by themselves. 

Can we set up a spawning world, like the mining world idea, but where folks could warp to them, grab a horse, mine, etc, and then tp home? No idea if that is even possible, but that way, we could keep our builds, and still get the update.

Expanding on the borders would work for me. If people want horses, they can go get them. How would that plan affect the all ready generated chunks? Would everything in the update that doesn't need to spawn be available?

This is going to happen every time there is an update that affects the server like this. If the world is going to be reset every six months, or as new updates come out, then every build is only temporary.

BobRuby
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Psiiche Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Resetting the map is like a big "screw you" to everyone who has things on this map that they don't want to lose.

Are people really that afraid of giving things away for free? Like, giving us Horse spawn eggs? Common sense says that if the world we have now isn't able to spawn them naturally where players can get them for FREE anyways when they're found, is to set up a shop somewhere in the Mall and allow people to buy Horse eggs. Make it an admin shop so there is an endless supply, and since eggs are a convenience over taking a hike for a horse, then charge like $1000 for an egg. Simple. Everyone keeps their stuff, no one has to start ALL OVER, and we all get our horses.

What baffles me the most is the fact that some people are willing to reset the entire server for horses that they'll likely play with for 10 minutes and then never bother with again. Is it worth deleting Trollica, Firelight, my Roller Coaster and Northrend, the Labratory, Inverted's town he's just so recently got up and running, and EVERYTHING ELSE that makes Perthcraft, Perthcraft? People thought Riding pigs was going to be SOSOOO AMAZING and look t it today, no one gives a crap. People still walk on foot because no one wants their pig to die. People are going to get horses, put them in a stable, and not take them everywhere because they won't want them to die.

It is not worth erasing all of Perthcraft for. And I for one will demand compensation of all the gold I've bought since December of last year if it gets deleted. People will be angry. People will leave, and you will shut down if you don't fight bringing in new players to the "new" server. Do not erase their progress, it'll be the last thing you do.
Psiiche
Psiiche
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoda Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:39 pm

I'm with Psiiche~  Eggs are a good idea, resetting everything we have made for a horse isn't.

I understand there's a larger problem at work as well, with the world eventually running out of things to mine, but since I've run into 5 unexplored abandoned mineshafts in the last few weeks, I think we're still a bit far from there--and a resettable mining world can take care of that. What's minecraft without the things we've made?

Yoda
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:57 am

I agree with Psiiche and Estoyyoda but why make the process of getting horses so boring? I say that Swing and Spiddles shut down the server for a couple of hours which gives them time to place maybe 100 or so chests across the map. Each of those chest would have 2 horse eggs each so instead of buying for 1k, you can scavenge across the map, like the easter egg hunt. I say do that and give people a week to find all the chests, when that period is up, destroy all the chests and eggs in them. After that event is over, people will be able to buy eggs for however much is a good price.
Sound like a good idea to anybody?
Inv3rt3d
Inv3rt3d

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:33 am

What's the point of having some stupid event like that and having people sook over not getting one, in the end you said to be able to buy them, why not just set it up so people can buy them. That way it causes less drama and isn't time consuming,
people that want the horses get to buy the horses,
everyone gets what they want.

But i'm still keen on maybe expanding the world, we've had almost 6k players join perthcraft, and it's getting hard to find places to build big projects.

Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoda Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:56 pm

Ooh, events are cool~
Hmrm. Would it be possible to do...a variety of things?

• Several new spawns (Northererer, Westerer, Easterer (or good friday), and More South-like?)
  • Adventure map/something like a thing with stuff in the donor world (let everyone in for an event for a month or somesuch)
  • 100 randomly placed horseeggs in chests, conveniently located near the town of Laboratory
  • A giant wooden Trojan horse at Spawn
  • Map edit to replace all diamond ores with Horses
  • Sightings of the mystical Flying Owner, he that makes horses fall from the sky like rain?
  • Mob spawners: The horse apocalypse!! (Best place it next to the Herobrine head)
  • Raffle for a horse? Is there a raffle plugin? Like, give a horse a day to a lucky ticket purchaser? (Tickets are carrots, obviously..)
  • Rise of the Spiderjockey; Spawn skeletons riding spiders riding horses. Wish everyone good luck.
  • Donorpoint for horseegg?
  • Parkour + Command block = 1 horse egg per user who completes?

I'm just spitting out stuff... Very Happy

Yoda
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  firstbase21 Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:33 pm

Could we have a vote then?
--------------------------------
Expand map

Reset map

Sell eggs

Owners manually spawn horses

Hide egg filled chests
--------------------------------

Am I missing anything?
firstbase21
firstbase21

Back to top Go down

Post  BobRuby Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:16 pm

So, now that the update is available, has any decision been made about how to implement it?

Bob

BobRuby
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoda Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:27 pm

I vote dance party. With dancing horses!

Yoda
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  BobRuby Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:30 pm

I want Swing to distribute horses down every chimney in Perthcraft, just like Santa.

BobRuby
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down