PerthCraft

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PerthCraft
PerthCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simplification to Ranking Up

4 posters

Go down

Simplification to Ranking Up Empty Simplification to Ranking Up

Post  RiverCloud Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:37 am

Stupid freaking wall of text jeez make your point.
I TRIED I AM SORRY. I HAVE ALREADY BOLDED/HIGHLIGHTED/ITALICIZED/INCREASED SIZE OF THE MAIN PARTS I EVEN ADDED COLOR LIKE BECCA SAID OKAY I DON't know okay yea sorry.
SCROLL. Have fun reading.*

*Please do take the time to read every bit, if you are going to read this. Sad It took me awhile to get all of my thoughts/ideas written down about this. Any questions/ideas/conflicts you have, may be already answered/talked about. Sad 

As many of you are aware, ranking plays a major role for all the players in-game. A rank up requires an ample amount of sponges and money, which is paid to the owners. However, many players have not been able to get ranked up recently, because they cannot get the payment to the owners. Like everyone else, the owners have lives and other activities that may pull them away from scurrying to help us with server stuff, can't help but become inactive at times. Because of events like this, it makes it difficult for a player to catch an owner online, and vice versa. 

There have been cases where a player paid a staff member, and have them hold the sponges/money, in hopes the staff member will be online when an owner checks in, but this is only assuming the staff is available, and lucky. It also gives a staff member even more responsibility to have to deal with, and may end up becoming very confusing for everyone.

What if we made it an alternative way to paying? Making it so that the player doesn't have to be online when the owner is on in order to pay, and vice versa? How do we do that? Simple. 

A player can designate anywhere they want, and place down a chest. In the chest, they can place the required amount of sponges for the rank they want, and make a petition next to/near the chest. When an owner addresses a petition, they can teleport to the exact position the player was at when he/she made the petition. In this case, this allows the owner to teleport to get directly to the chest full of sponges.

But what about the money? Aha. Here comes the main point of this thread.

Money, as we all know, isn't exactly a tangible block in-game; it's merely numbers run by the iConomy plugin, so we can't exactly place it into the chest alongside with the sponges. However, if we were to convert the money into BLOCKS OF BEDROCK, that would be a different story.

An admin shop can be set up somewhere in the Mall (or somewhere else PUBLICLY, and not limited, like the BLACK MARKET), where a player can buy/sell  a block of bedrock for $1,000. In a sense, they will be converting their money into bedrock pieces. Bedrock, as we all know, is not obtainable in anyway naturally, similar to sponges. (No you can't mine it at y=0-5. Try.) Like sponges, bedrock can be used as an optimal way of controlling rankings. 

Like this, the player can put their 'money' into the chest with the sponges, and get it to the owners.

As a safety/confirmation check up for those who are paranoid, they can leave a sign on/next to the chest clarifying that it contains their payment for a rank-up, as well as STATE WHAT RANK IT IS.

For example:

Player Asdf wants to rank up from R2 to R3. R3 costs 96 sponges and 20,000.
Player Asdf places a chest down somewhere in his/her house, puts in 1.5 stacks of sponges in.
Player Asdf goes to spawn to admin shop to buy 20 pieces of bedrock, and puts bedrock into chest.
Player Asdf makes petition near the chest requesting a rank up, is happy and content (and bummed about losing all the money/sponges)
Player Asdf logs off and confronts the terrible world called Real Life (or other games/servers, bleh).
- XX hours later -
Owner S logs on.*
Owner S. checks petitions, sees Player Asdf's request for R3.
Owner S. goes to where the petition was made. 
Owner S. sees sign (optional), checks that requirements are correct.
Owner S. steals confiscates  collects from the chest the sponges and bedrock, dances in them.
Owner S. moves player to new member group. 
Owner S. logs off and confronts the terrible world called Real Life (or other games/servers, bleh).
- XX hours later -
Player Asdf logs on, to see self is ranked up, and robbed of sponges and bedrock. 
Player Asdf is happy. (Hopefully.)
*I JUST REALIZED THAT BOTH OWNERS' USERNAMES START WITH S AHHHHHAHAHAAHHAAHAAAAA oh my god.
Did anyone else notice how I made the colors match the rank colors heheh yey okay I like it do you like it yis okay okay gud.

Some things that will have to be made sure:
-Players are not able to use any glitches/cheats to obtain/mine for bedrock.*
-Players are not able to PLACE any blocks of bedrock, because only an owner can manually remove them. (Similar to how lava cannot be placed. When a bedrock is dispensed, it will come out in item form.)

*I remember there being a case where bedrock is used similar to a wooden pick as a /lb t tool, but once placed, cannot be picked up. Point being you COULD spawn bedrock pieces. Dunno if that is fixed.

PROS AND CONS OF THIS IDEA: *
*I'm sure there's many other pros/cons that I haven't listed, but I think these are the critical ones that are of importance I guess. COMMENT IF THERE'S OTHER ISSUES D:

PROS:
-It reduces the work/headache an owner has to deal with when it comes to ranking up. Whenever they have the time, they can log on, run through the petitions, and get the payments collected, and ranked up. They do not have to wait online/specifically log on for players to get online and have them pay.

-It reduces the work/headache an player has to deal with when it comes to ranking up. Whenever they have the time, they can log on, store the sponges into the chest, convert money into bedrock, get the payments in, and make the petition. 

-You can literally hand someone money/hit someone with money/wear money/dance in money.

-Yey bedrock.

CONS:
-Now that money is a block, it means it is possible to lose money when you die, for example having it in your inventory when you die. 
*PLEASE DO NOT BE STUPID AND WALK AROUND WITH BEDROCK IN YOUR INVENTORY. SERIOUSLY, STORE IT SOMEWHERE SAFE.
IT'S MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE PRECIOUS THAN A DIAMOND. IN FACT, IT IS WORTH ABOUT 13 DIAMONDS (Assuming diamonds are about $75 each).*

-People will complain that they can't tell how much money a player has, because the money may be in the form of bedrock...which can be hidden from public view. Twisted Evil

-People will complain that it reduces the amount of work an owner has to do, rendering their responsibilities to even less, since they won't be required to be online as much as before, if not already.*

-People don't like bedrock.**

*WE STILL NEED YOU GUYS. FOREVER. BABIES.
**Which in the case, Shocked

Hey, people can get bedrock for cheaper then! 
Uh. Sure, if you want to sell money for money, go for it. Essentially, you're giving money for free, if you do that. 

Hey, people can sell bedrock for more then! 
Uh. Sure, if you want to lose money when you can get it cheaper yourself, go for it. Don't be lazy.*
*If someone doesn't know where the admin shop is, don't be an asshole and tell them that they can't access it, making it so that they have to buy your overpriced pieces of freaking bedrock that are contaminated by your greedy little freaking hands. Show them where it is. Help them out. 

Why can't I just leave my sponges in a chest, make a petition, and then have the owner take the money from my account himself?
Why must you make it so much more difficult for the owner. Have your payment prepared, so that all he has to do is check if it's enough, verify whatever yada yada, take it, and rank up. 

There may be cases where you have the sponges ready, but not enough money (such as players selling to your store or something), as well as running the risk where you change your mind, and don't want the money spent yet (In which case, you should've closed your petition already goodness.)

Stupid freaking wall of text jeez make your point.
I TRIED I AM SORRY. ALL THIS COLOR AHHHHHH I DON't know okay yea sorry.

So...yea! That's just an idea I had that I believe can help the server a lot. Yey interrobang?!

Last edited by swingingkings on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:50 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : I ADDED COLOr)
RiverCloud
RiverCloud
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

http://livinginminecraft.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Simplification to Ranking Up Empty Re: Simplification to Ranking Up

Post  Becca Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:08 pm

I totally agree, and the block idea sounds reasonable, except .. not for bedrock putting something publicly or allowing people to buy that, there's so many people out there that will in fact abuse the power of it. as you said you can't mine it. making it perfect for griefers and other people. they'll start using it as a building block to protect their places and mistakenly place it. you just never know.
and there's really no other block to do..
points for the Idea tho!

Altho if Leslie were to edit the perms so people cannot place bedrock it'd be a pointless block to have.
therefor allowing it to be the best block for a money substance.

Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverCloud Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:15 pm

RiverCloud wrote:Some things that will have to be made sure:
-Players are not able to use any glitches/cheats to obtain/mine for bedrock.*
-Players are not able to PLACE any blocks of bedrock, because only an owner can manually remove them. (Similar to how lava cannot be placed. When a bedrock is dispensed, it will come out in item form.)
*I remember there being a case where bedrock is used similar to a wooden pick as a /lb t tool, but once placed, cannot be picked up. Point being you COULD spawn bedrock pieces. Dunno if that is fixed.
RiverCloud
RiverCloud
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

http://livinginminecraft.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Adding on to that, if bedrock were to be duplicated as it is a block, we will have members gaining ranks too and fro.
I'd think as the /auc brings up a double chest of items to be placed, there may be a plugin that automatically ranks people up if they put the right amount of items into the chest. But then the bedrock would be a necessity. I'm in support of the idea (with a couple minor tweaks).
Inv3rt3d
Inv3rt3d

Back to top Go down

Post  PizzaCreeper101 Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:39 am

Your money to block idea is sort of hard to understand. You say it is 1k per block of bedrock, but the cash is 200K?? You said it would take 20 blocks. Either it is a 10K per bedrock ratio or someone likes having chests full of bedrock. Also moving it around is not fun either. This also conflicts with some other LogBlock tools where bedrock is a checking tool and is not able to be discarded.
PizzaCreeper101
PizzaCreeper101
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

http://thaltemer.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down