PerthCraft

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PerthCraft
PerthCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob's Staff Application

+2
Frodomann1
BobRuby
6 posters

Go down

Bob's Staff Application Empty Bob's Staff Application

Post  BobRuby Wed May 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Name: Bob Ruby
Minecraft Username: BobRuby
Timezone: GMT -5, or Eastern North America
How long have you been on our server? Since the end of February. It seems longer.

Why should you be a moderator?
Well, I consider myself somewhat mature and responsible, although my sense of humor doesn't appeal to everyone. A moderator is like a playground supervisor. Your job is to let everyone have fun, to curb those who are pushing the limits, and to deal with the ones who are breaking the rules to the point others are being affected. Mods are necessary to keeping Perthcraft running in such a way that I enjoy signing on and being part of the community. You have a really good group of moderators already, but they seem overworked with all the griefing, hacking, and other shenanigans that some folks get up to. When you sign on and have to spend several hours rolling back grief, kicking, and banning, Perthcraft stops being fun. I know that not everyone agrees with each modding decision that a Mod makes, but there is an appeal process, and a community consensus that can be reached. I am able to admit that I am wrong in a conclusion, or that I reacted poorly to something, so I would try not to let criticism get to me personally. I am on Perthcraft enough that I feel guilty about all of the things I should be doing instead, but Minecraft is more fun.

What could you do to help the server?
Share the load on the moderating tasks, and hopefully, give another perspective on modding decisions. It is a tight path to walk, with bullies getting away with behavior that drives folks away on one side, and stifling creativity and fun on the other. As my father was a Master Sergeant, I react poorly to people telling me I have to do things because they are the boss of me. The Rules are there for a reason, however, and folks just can't ignore them with dealing with the consequences. I know that every community is a group of individuals that come together with mutually agreed upon values, and personalities are going to conflict despite the best of intentions. I just hope that I can make things better, but if not, I will go back to hunting diamonds, and working on Budder's town.

Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am married (15 years), my wife is a teacher who doesn't play Minecraft, but is a wonderful person despite that. I have two children, who are both on Perthcraft, and I live in a old house in Michigan. I work from home, so I am on the internet all day, but work often requires my full attention. Other than Minecraft, I have played electronic games since Atari, played RPGs back in the days of paper and dice, and am into genealogy, history, and community theater (but only on the technical side).

Include some information about how long you've been on this server and any previous experiences on other servers.
I have been on this server about 3 months, and this is the only Minecraft server I have ever joined. I played MC solo for a while, but it got boring without someone to share what you found with. I work in the Information Technology field, but on the Telephony side, and not in code.

I have been considering applying for a staff position for a while, but I was having too much fun just running around. It occurred to me that with summer starting, things were really going to pick up, and if I can help, just let me know. If not, then no worries.

Bob

BobRuby
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Bob's Staff Application Empty Re: Bob's Staff Application

Post  Frodomann1 Thu May 30, 2013 2:58 am

Truly a wonderful person who should be seriously considered for this job. Down to earth, and has enough common sense to keep the server out of trouble.
Frodomann1
Frodomann1
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  x_Madi_x Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Honestly, You'd fit perfectly for the job. Although, I think since the owners are barely online to see who's doing what, I think they might have to wait staff applications off for awhile. That was a reaaally nice application, and I applaud you for that.

You are a very nice guy and you commute and help with others if you can, and that's you without the Trial-Mod stuff. You are very loyal and you know your stuff. You're on more and more and that's what we need on the server and I really enjoy your presence.

Keep up the great work, and I really hope you get the job you're suitable for.

Good Luck!
x_Madi_x
x_Madi_x

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoda Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:07 am

Bob is phenomenal. Smile

On very frequently, communicative, polite, nonpartisan, never angry. Perfect for a server mod, and I'm happy to see he's applying!

Yoda
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Bob's Staff Application Empty Bob's Staff Application

Post  BobRuby Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:05 pm

So, I sign on today, and someone accidentally made me a trial mod. And on my birthday at that. Desperate times must mean desperate measures.

So, is there a training course on the job responsibilities, or the Super Trial Mod powers that I have now?

Seriously, thanks for the opportunity, and I hope that I can help reduce the load on the rest of the staff, and that I don't disappoint Swing by any of my decisions. Where should I start?

Bob

BobRuby
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:29 pm

Bob, when we see each other on the server next, I'll debrief you on a lot of the things to do as a TM, unless somebody else tells you before friday, I'll help you. I just realised that I've been the longest consecutive staff member on PerthCraft. I think it's been a bit more than 6 months now. Anyway, yeah. I already told Pea the commands, perhaps she could aid you.
Inv3rt3d
Inv3rt3d

Back to top Go down

Post  Frodomann1 Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:17 pm

I knew it! Haha! Good luck as a trial mod Very Happy I'm glad to have you on the staff.
Frodomann1
Frodomann1
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Bob's Staff Application Empty Re:

Post  Evaluator Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Doing a fine job there too Bob. Keep up the good work.

Evaluator
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down