PerthCraft

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PerthCraft
PerthCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinite/Expanded world

+5
BobRuby
Yoda
Inv3rt3d
Becca
swingingkings
9 posters

Go down

What do you think about an INFINITE WORLD

Infinite/Expanded world I_vote_lcap48%Infinite/Expanded world I_vote_rcap 48% 
[ 11 ]
Infinite/Expanded world I_vote_lcap52%Infinite/Expanded world I_vote_rcap 52% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 23

Infinite/Expanded world Empty Infinite/Expanded world

Post  swingingkings Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:08 pm

Hey, Rivercloud suggested that instead of making a new world, why not just make the world infinite?

Sorry for those who've already packed up. But maybe Making the border of the world larger even more or infinite may be better for players. A new spawn can be set up and .. yea.. Just an Idea..

I'll set a poll up.
swingingkings
swingingkings
Admin
Admin

http://cynical-seadragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Infinite/Expanded world Empty Re: Infinite/Expanded world

Post  Becca Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:19 pm

Why not just a new infinite world?
That'd be fun, then again could take up space something shocking with random people just loading world chunks for no reason simply because they can?

but then again, an infinite world would allow a lot of players to build not close to each other and solve a bunch of problems.

I don't see the point in expanding the current world to infinite, but a new infinite world would be amazing!

Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:33 pm

I'm in full support of the idea. Perhaps expanding over time to not make it too laggy until you get to a point where you're able to set it to infinite? Just what I would do. Love the idea, though, thanks River!
Inv3rt3d
Inv3rt3d

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoda Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:46 pm

Mm, are we able to make infinity? Should I get out the bag of holding and start disgorging donations?
An infinite expanding world would work...but with some administration. It seems like there'd need to be some sort of expanding opportunity to create warp signs from spawn, and also to shuffle them up.

On the one hand, we want people to be able to get around and to find civilization; on the other, we'll want to promote infinity, since the tendency will always be to expand progressively from any spawn/warp.

Yoda
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  BobRuby Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:04 pm

So, are the choices between a new map with expanded borders to infinity, or expanding our current borders to infinity?

I guess of the two, I would expand our current map to infinity, or beyond. However, as we were all prepared to move to a new map, then that would work as well. If we do go to a new map, an infinity border would be great.

If we expand our current map to infinity, we can keep the cool build we already have, and still have room for new stuff.

BobRuby
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Infinite/Expanded world Empty Hola Hola Cash Dollars

Post  xXTatan0012Xx Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:15 am

How much would it cost approximately? Because i'm sure an infinite world requires more memory space.
xXTatan0012Xx
xXTatan0012Xx
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

http://tatanisagirl.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:45 pm

But there are also more benefits in my eyes to having an infinite world as opposed to a new map. The server has 16 GB RAM as it is already (last time I checked), so it should be fine for now. If you really want to check, make the world infinite when nobody is online and see the performance. From there, we will be able to see if we need additional RAM or not. My suggestion.
Inv3rt3d
Inv3rt3d

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:58 pm

That's not the way It works..

the more land chunks people load, the more space It takes up, you can't simply white list it and make it infinite to check you'd have to forever load world chunks..

The cons with this is people with /fly or others just continuesly loading chunks because they're bored or searching for things, desert fortresses/jungle temples/etc.

With the amount of players perthcraft has, an infinite world is the best thing but it's also the worst thing, people won't want to be near eachother and to assure no one can find you to grief you or build near you, they'd go far far away, loading more and more chunks taking up more and more space.

This would be okay If we had more donations rolling In, so we could upgrade once or twice.

Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  Wetzel Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:49 pm

I'm gonna vote new world. The new 1.7 biomes are really great and I personally think it would be holding us back to only make the extended world 1.7. People can rebuild, thats just the nature of Minecraft MP

Wetzel

Back to top Go down

Infinite/Expanded world Empty My vote was for the wrong vote

Post  wizardry21 Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:34 am

I accidentally voted for the existing world to be infinite when I thought it said "new infinite world" so technically my vote is for the orig plans (and for it to be infinite if possible)
wizardry21
wizardry21
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoda Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:02 pm

Wooo! 18/8000 votes are in!!!

Yoda
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Infinite/Expanded world Empty WHY DO EVERYTHING U HAVE DONE OVER AGAIN

Post  sluckarto Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:36 am

Why bother with doing everything u ever did on this server other than rank over again. Makes no sense to me. As for my opinion, just keep the world as is and make it bigger. How much bigger, I don't care. I recently finished a pretty big time consuming build, and who knows how many other things people have done out there they don't want to do again? I certainly don't. Just saying. Plus, wouldn't the server be down for a while for all the coding and getting the donations and the whatever, like getting spawn all settled? I personally think starting over is a bad idea, and this other guy said the 1.7 biomes are cool. No shit. that's why we have the mall, and more specifically the black market. Buy infinite of everything and anything, so we'd have all the blocks. I think the map we have currently is decent. Sure, the pieces and parts here and there scattered around from people who either A) left the server or B) were permanently banned make the world look bad, only by a little bit. Chances are, you won't run into things like that. The only problem with the world we have now is the warps, like West Warp to be more specific. People warp there just for sand, or at least used to. They destroy the warp, and just leave. Just like that, they get what they want, not caring about public land, and leave. And as far I'm concerned, that's not such a big issue anymore, am I right? Right.

sluckarto
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:45 am

I read most of that.

The serer shouldn't be down, 3 clicks and it's 1.7.2

As for the spawn and everything, we should be having both worlds up at the same time for a reasonable amount of time, so people can move what they want and such.
The spawn thing, If there's 2 worlds up, maybe we can have a warp from the original spawn to a place in the new world, not necessarily the new spawn point, but a warp so people can get settled while the new spawn and everything is set up.

There shouldn't be a reason for the server to be down, reset a few times possibly but not down.

people wanted a building contest and we need a new spawn Idea I was wondering If maybe we could set up a thread for a new spawn, people build either on a server or a single player world, and submit a photo or two in the thread, have a vote and the winner can be the new spawn?

Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  swingingkings Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:54 am

Bump

First two Exams Tomorrow, wish me luck
swingingkings
swingingkings
Admin
Admin

http://cynical-seadragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:08 am

Good luck with the matric exams, you'll do more than good. I see good marks coming your way. Universities will jump at the name "Leslie".
Inv3rt3d
Inv3rt3d

Back to top Go down

Post  sluckarto Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:35 pm

Becca wrote:I read most of that.

The serer shouldn't be down, 3 clicks and it's 1.7.2

As for the spawn and everything, we should be having both worlds up at the same time for a reasonable amount of time, so people can move what they want and such.
The spawn thing, If there's 2 worlds up, maybe we can have a warp from the original spawn to a place in the new world, not necessarily the new spawn point, but a warp so people can get settled while the new spawn and everything is set up.

There shouldn't be a reason for the server to be down, reset a few times possibly but not down.

people wanted a building contest and we need a new spawn Idea I was wondering If maybe we could set up a thread for a new spawn, people build either on a server or a single player world, and submit a photo or two in the thread, have a vote and the winner can be the new spawn?
I wouldn't know as I have no clue on what does what or how to tell one thing from another in the digital world, and by that I mean coding and programming. The only thing I can do with that sort of such is control it if someone else already programmed it.

sluckarto
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down