PerthCraft

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PerthCraft
PerthCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shops and lag.

+3
iamsparta2
x_Madi_x
MineCForEVVA
7 posters

Go down

Shops and lag. Empty Shops and lag.

Post  MineCForEVVA Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:53 pm

So, as we all probably know, theres a lot of lag at the mall. Therefor i suggest to move it.
Make a big city thing, where people can buy plots, and build Good looking shops.
It will cause less lags, and it will be much easier to find the shop you want. Also, the more creative people can actually build great buildings which will attract more people. And the people who aren't so creative can pay/ask other people for help (this can make the economy better too).
That's basically it. I guarantee that a huge city will cause less lag than a big room filled with shops Smile

Thanks,
- MineC

MineCForEVVA
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Shops and lag. Empty Re: Shops and lag.

Post  x_Madi_x Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Most of the lag is probably coming from the item frames. But with all the chunks needing to load, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea, but it WOULD be a lot of hard work. Also, about the item frames, Minecraft loads them as entities. So I think we should experiment sometime and take item frames out, and see if that would fix the lag. Though, every shop owner won't agree with that.. But yeah. I love your idea.
x_Madi_x
x_Madi_x

Back to top Go down

Post  iamsparta2 Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:33 pm

That is a GREAT idea, though i would hope that the current show owners automaticly get a plot, or at least get their money back so we can pick a plot, and hopefully there are differant sized plots because there are already differant sized shops and stuff. then there can be things that are kinda like stands, so they are super small, just so people who cant afford a big shop can get at least a little bit of income from the items that they do sell, though if you have a stand i wouldnt think you would get access to the BM
iamsparta2
iamsparta2
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Well, i Agreeish, if we can get as many people as possible to remove their item frames as a trial, if it doesn't work or we don't get enough then we just annoy swing until he agrees ;D
I'm thinking it needs to go to the DW there's no lag there.. for me.. yet i have no lag in the mall either :/ , well, everything else is in the DW, Hall of fame, Parkour, blackMarket, why is the Mall any different?
So, Remove Item frame trial for a month?

Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiddles Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:12 am

Item frames will be wiped in a few days then, I'll make sure the majority of people have taken theirs down first and if someone hasn't been online during the warning period I'll put them in a chest for them.
Spiddles
Spiddles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MineCForEVVA Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:23 am

That's nice. But even if that fix most of the lag i believe it will still be laggy (knowledge from OC). And the "Mall" would look much better if it was a city with nice houses that explained what the shop was selling. Of course some people would disagree because they've spent time making their shops, but everyone has to work hard in the life of Minecraft. And i do believe a City would be a lot better for new members too.

MineCForEVVA
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  firstbase21 Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:09 am

My personal opinion (not that in retrospect it really matters)

The mall is currently functional in its current state. It's laggy, but for me its a kindof strangle lag thats still consistant just a slow frame rate... so why do anything drastic. Item frames is a simple solution that may not completely eliminate the problem but slightly help it.

Does the lag make the mall completely unusable for anybody?
firstbase21
firstbase21

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Depends on what fps on average you get in the mall. I'm averaging 5-8 fps.
Inv3rt3d
Inv3rt3d

Back to top Go down

Post  MineCForEVVA Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 pm

I just had 1 FPS in the Mall. That says it all...

MineCForEVVA
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiddles Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:41 am

45 FPS Very Happy
Spiddles
Spiddles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down