PerthCraft

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PerthCraft
PerthCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Harsh...

4 posters

Go down

A Little Harsh... Empty A Little Harsh...

Post  Libenyc Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:11 am

I don't exactly know if this is in the right forum section, but...

So, I only got muted for 5 minutes, but this didn't make any sense.

I got a warning for spam, and I was told one more time and I'm muted. I didn't even know what I said was spam, and that was the first time I've ever spammed on the server. So, the "second time", I got muted. It wasn't even spam. It was a funny poem I'd heard off the internet. I was using CAPs for PART OF THE SENTENCE, not the whole thing. Inverted muted me for spam, and Becca said it was CAPs, not spam, too.

I don't really think the mute made any sense at all, and I don't see why I was in the first place...it wasn't that bad, though.

Libenyc
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

A Little Harsh... Empty You don't get it

Post  PizzaCreeper101 Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:00 am

The point of the mute is to make you shut up. If you had ceased with the abusive behavior you would not have been muted. I see mutes as a way for a player to think about what they have done and know what to not do.
PizzaCreeper101
PizzaCreeper101
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

http://thaltemer.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

A Little Harsh... Empty Re: A Little Harsh...

Post  Libenyc Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:08 am

PizzaCreeper101 wrote:The point of the mute is to make you shut up. If you had ceased with the abusive behavior you would not have been muted. I see mutes as a way for a player to think about what they have done and know what to not do.

You're a moderator, I can guess? Anyway, you don't get it either. Maybe mutes are to make you shut up, but there should be more than one warning.

Libenyc
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:57 am

You had more than one warning, pizzacreeper101 is not a moderator but his a very good player,
i admitted it was spam and caps, I muted you for one then inv3rt3d added to your mute, If you read the chat in the first place maybe you'd understand. You keep saying none of us get it or understand, stop and smell the roses? maybe you're in the wrong.

Becca

Back to top Go down

Post  Psiiche Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:09 am

Libenyc, I'm not even going to question as to why you got this mute because since day one you have been the payer to literally see how far you can go with everything you do before getting in trouble. The first time I ever ran into you was the day we discovered the shops buying/selling glitch, and hours after even YOU warned me about it you decided to check multiple signs i someone else's shop to "see if it was still glitching" when you and everyone else know plain as day that an owner hadn't been on to fix it yet. You claimed you only did it to "help us" when it was not even necessary to do in the first place.

Second run-in I have with you is an argument in chat about how you claim you're allowed to use whatever language you want since "in the rules" it is not listed as English-only, though this is an english-advertised, english-speaking, nd english-run server and I as well as a few other players told you we actively mute/kick/ban for breaking that rule. You insisted tht because it wasn't wrote in the /rules that you could do what you want without punishment. After a ten minute argument and saying you're going to invite foreign friends to play here with you, you decide to then result in either private /msg or party chat.

My guess with this incident is that yes, you were warned and you pulled the same stunt YET AGAIN, you do it "one more time" before adhering to your warning to see how far you can push it, and this time Becca stepped on you for it. You're lucky she only gave you five minutes because if it was me, I'd have done 30 for intentionally doing something a second time after a CLEAR, UNDERSTANDABLE warning.
Psiiche
Psiiche
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum