PerthCraft

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PerthCraft
PerthCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BlackMarket Reform

+3
firstbase21
tryy3
AussieMiner71
7 posters

Go down

BlackMarket Reform Empty BlackMarket Reform

Post  AussieMiner71 Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:58 pm

Lately there has been a lot of discrepencies about the black market.. sure everyone has an opinion so here is mine.

Like a real economy the blackmarket has an opportunity for people to make money. Profit is a part of it like anything else.

Like reality the buying of raw materials like a log is cheaper than buying or selling a refined material like planks..

like buying a crude diamond from a miner.. polishing it then selling it for a higher price - profit then casting it on a ring and reselling again... more profit.. its life its the way life is.

The amount of profit is all that needs to be stemmed not the culling of items from the Black Market itself

One thing is why isnt paper sellable in black market... can sell sugar cane and books.. but no paper.. which is a part of the tree of sugarcane.

To stop the stem of people who try to cant really say abuse as the profit margians arent that high but to stop them sitting in there for hour after hour... remove the crafting table from the Black Market.

How else to curb price wars.. well there are 3 total options:

1. Marginalise the profit margains of refined items from log - plank etc as an example to where it is a unworthy profit but still a slight profit taking into account how many logs turn to planks etc

2, Be rid of the Black Market all together and solely rely on Shop Owners.. which will raise prices

3. be rid of Player Shops and solely have a Black Market run on a rank basis for access which will regulate all prices

Thats my two cents and as an economnic major its 2 cents well spent

Cheers AussieMiner71

AussieMiner71
AussieMiner71
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

http://adrianoneill71.wix.com/dj-anzac

Back to top Go down

BlackMarket Reform Empty Re: BlackMarket Reform

Post  tryy3 Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:07 pm

i would still want to see that both playershop and blackmarket was still there, but maybe delete the buy signs and the owners shouldn't delete the signs, they should fix the price instead, in my opinion that is better!

tryy3
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

http://www.raep.info/

Back to top Go down

Post  firstbase21 Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:27 pm

Or just call it money laundering and make it a 2 strike offense and you lose your shop... if someone is sitting in there for a long amount of time like that exploiting the black market they should lose access to the BM.
firstbase21
firstbase21

Back to top Go down

Post  Psiiche Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:42 pm

I made this post in the mods forum here a few days ago:

"The Black Market is such an exploit corner it's not even funny. The reason why (a user) has been ranking up so fast despite the changes in the rank necessities is because he has been found sitting in the Black Market for hours a day doing nothing but buying cobble and selling cobble walls, buying coal and selling torches, and buying flowers and selling dye. I need permissions re-added to me to fix EVERY single exploit in the Black Market so people stop sitting there and exploiting cash, because the people hired to look for these exploits are taking advantage of them and not reporting them. Which by the way is ALSO not fair; that said person hired to find these exploits can be allowed to use it all they want and keep the money they illegitimately make."

I got no answer from the higher-ups and it's been three days.
I am beginning to question the intention of the server, is this a server where we are legitimately trying to create a balanced and fair economy for the players, or was this server created as a means of income, aka a donation bucket? the more we make these problems known to the public the more they might be motivated to fix them, or at least I hope.

Edit: I logged on today and the exploited selling signs had been removed.
Psiiche
Psiiche
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverCloud Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:42 am

Now the craze has turned to massive 100x100 sugar cane farms, which is a easy $72 a stack...

I feel that the prices for renewable items such as crops, logs, and mob drops ought to be changed. It's one thing to sell a few stacks of reeds for some change, it's a whole different level when you're just spending hours after hours harvesting the bloody things just for profitting. Seriously, play the game. The server's not for making money.
RiverCloud
RiverCloud
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

http://livinginminecraft.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiddles Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:13 am

I'll go through and get all the prices set so that you can't sell at a profit, in a day or two.
Spiddles
Spiddles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:05 pm

Or, just make a marketting cooldown in effect, somehow. My proposal is that there's a 3 second break at minimum between each time something is sold, if there's a plugin for that.
Inv3rt3d
Inv3rt3d

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum