PerthCraft

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PerthCraft
PerthCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Fair!!!

5 posters

Go down

Game Fair!!! Empty Game Fair!!!

Post  firstbase21 Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:21 am

In celebration of game-ception everywhere, Firelight would like to ask assistance in hosting the 1st game fair!!! This will be a week long event starting March 9th-16th.
What I have planned for this so far is the unveiling of 2 new games that I myself have put together myself from the majesty that is my brain, for your enjoyment. As well as free food give-aways and a raffel (cause what kind of fair doesn't have a raffel).
Booths will be set up for anything from store advertising to town signup stations. If you would like to set up a booth just talk to me and I'll help you set up.
Any ideas comments or feedback on this event would be greatly appreciated! Just PM me, comment here, talk to me in-game... fax me... smoke signals... come to my house...

If you want more information on the games available or just want to see the crap hole of a town its being hosted in just look at my towns page.

BTW would it be possible to get a warp sign to my town for this... or do you guys think thats a bad idea?

Game Fair Scheadule:
Saturday - 3/9 (opening day)
Opening day Fireworks
Signups and mass advertisement
Selling Raffel tickets 25$ each (Right your name in a book and give it to either me or someone who's helping**)
All games opened for the public

* I will be busy during the hours when most people are on so I'd like to ask for volunteers to help spread the word a little...
** I can provide the means to do so if you dont have a book and a feather...

Sunday - 3/10
Double Elimination Spleef Tourney
1st- 2K$+Large prize-pack ; 2nd 800$+Small prize-pack; 3rd Small prize-pack

* I should be on for most of the day and I'll start the tournament when I feel everyone is there... late entry will be allowed

Monday - 3/11
Damage Assessment

* much like on saturday I wont be on much .... I coach high school baseball so on game days I'll be gone till the slow hours of the server... but I'd still like to have people spreading the word to people who havent already heard about the games available.

Tuesday - 3/12
Mining Competition
30 Min - who ever finds the most Diamonds/emeralds/gold wins
Emeralds 50pts ; Diamonds 8pts ; Gold 4pts
(To keep scoring fair and consistant I'll just watch chat and tally it up that way)
1st- 2K Large prize-pack ; 2nd- 800$ Small prize-pack ; 3rd Small prize-pack

* This competition I'd prefer to be held with everyone in the same mine... I dont want it to be my mine.... So I'll need help finding a place that isn't already being used by someone that emeralds can be found in

Wednesday-Friday - 3/13-15
*Open for ideas here*
If the fair actually makes it this far I'll be surprised ... its kinda hard to gauge you guys's opinion about the fair over the internet... Maybe have a PVP tourney with out me ... maybe I can get help from other people setting up a field in the nether and have a "capture the obsidian" game .... sounds fun right... I'll provide the prizes if you guys do something while I'm gone... I have games all of these days so I wont be on much...

Saturday - 3/16
I'm thinking a slimeball (Blocky) tournament but you'd need to break up into teams of 3 for it... other wise we could just do another Spleef tourney with the same prizes

Sunday - 3/17
Sunday kinda depends on wether or not the games I made up are actually functional... I hope they are...
Golem Basketball Tournament
Games will have to be played spread out pretty far due to the golems being a bunch of stubborn crap sacks... but we'll try to make it work right...
(same prizes will be for the winners)

Arrow Golf
While the Golem Basketball is going we can have a PGA stile arrow golf going (I have yet to set up the course...)
(same prizes will be for the winners)

Closing ceremony
(Fireworks)
(...and hopefully some new people being introduced into my town...)

I could use a lot of help for this... I'm going to be throwing a lot of time and resources into this so if you would like to help it would be greatly appreciated ... and some favoritism will be shown towards you during the competitions...
fyi If the fair takes off and all the new games I made work I'll be filming the fair and opening a youtube account to show off the game and potentially bring new players to the server... but thats best case scenario ... and things rarely go as planned

Last edited by firstbase21 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:08 am; edited 3 times in total
firstbase21
firstbase21

Back to top Go down

Game Fair!!! Empty Re: Game Fair!!!

Post  Psiiche Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:40 pm

*Starts a fire for smoke signals*

Anyone got a blanket?

and trust me dude, you don't want a warp to your town unless you have the entire thing protected... xD
Psiiche
Psiiche
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  firstbase21 Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:33 am

I've got it protected in all the good parts... theres a few spots on the walls that aren't claimed... but I dont mind all that much cleaning up a little grief here and there... I just want ways to get people to the games and back without me having to tp people there.
firstbase21
firstbase21

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiddles Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 am

firstbase21 wrote:a little grief here and there...

Ha.

Hahahaha.

90% of newcomers will come on and grief as much as they can before they get banned. If you'd like a warp to your town you can have one, but I'd seriously consider the risks.
Spiddles
Spiddles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  firstbase21 Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:38 pm

I guess I've had it easy so far with griefers, and we do have the rail system set up... so people could still get there if they really wanted to...
firstbase21
firstbase21

Back to top Go down

Post  milly4life Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:41 pm

If the warp is only active while the fair is going on, I'm sure that the mods would be there. so if anyone started to grief, it would solve itself really fast. But with large amounts of people in a public server, greifing is always a possibility.
milly4life
milly4life
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  Psiiche Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:28 pm

Yeah, a warp there for a week wouldn't be a big problem considering I can rollback grief that happens within a 2-day period. I'm on daily so I can take care of it for the duration of the event. Mind you I'll likely not see it done if it's out in the boonies of your town haha.
Psiiche
Psiiche
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Post  firstbase21 Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:43 am

Well I'd appreciate any help you guys are willing to give Very Happy I'll post a rough outline of what I have planned for the fair tomorrow. Right now I'm thinking about having tournaments with prize packages for the winners for each game.
firstbase21
firstbase21

Back to top Go down

Post  iamsparta2 Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:09 pm

if you need any help setting this up, ill help, i have an access amount of supplies im willing to get rid of.
iamsparta2
iamsparta2
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

Back to top Go down

Game Fair!!! Empty Advertising

Post  firstbase21 Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:40 pm

So if you'd like to advertise during the Game Fair you can purchase sponsorship packages for a specific competition. They are as follows:

3K = Complete sponsorship - Signs will be posted all around the area the event is taking place, they will stay up permanently and announcements will be made during the competition about how awesome of a sponsor you are. You will also be given an area in the Firelight center to be used to build a booth, which will remain up for the duration the Game Fair.

1.5K = Partial sponsorship - Signs will be posted around the area the event is taking place. You will also be given an area in the Firelight center to be used to build a booth, which will remain up for the duration the Game Fair.

500$ = Booth advertisement - You will be given an area in the Firelight center to be used to build a booth, which will remain up for the duration the Game Fair.

Games available for sponsorship:
Spleef
Slimeball
Golem Basketball
Arrow Golf

The money given will be used to pay for the prize of that tournament.

It is recommended that the advertisements be used to advertise for your shop or town... although if you wanted signs up that said, "so-and-so" is a friggin awesome person, you go right ahead

firstbase21
firstbase21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down